Sunday, October 26, 2008

God gives you "yours"

In adoption there are many variables when discerning God's will for growing your family. My shopping trip with my sister today proved His hand has definitely been a part of the making of our family. (As if there really was any question??!!)

We managed to get to Walmart with only 1 child, the quietest, actually! Of course he is only 6 months old but that is beside the point!

We hit the dairy section, you know, the whole long row of skim milk, 2% milk, whole milk with generic brands, name brands, gallons, 1/2 gallons....

Molly is in front of me, so I have to wait because what she needs, I need and can only be found in one small section. I am busy cooing at my adorable nephew so I miss how much she takes out, until it is my turn.

The ONE row of Goat's milk is gone! I bend down and can see at least one way back, she knows what I need and offers to use her long arms to grab me one.

That is when it hits me! How crazy good is our God that we both can't use cow's milk with our kids.

Made even more impressive by the fact that my 2 kids are adopted--no biology shared to each other, hers are biological!!

A wonderful reminder of His faithfulness....at Wally-World!!

I wonder what milk Munchkin #3 will be able to drink???

M

No comments: