Sunday, February 8, 2009

Surrendering

We received a big surprise a few weeks back when my Mom called to say she had received a check in the mail for our fund. A friend of hers had heard our no interest loan was not available from our agency anymore and she wanted to help. Such kindness!

As I have been feeling discouraged lately with costs to travel growing and our fund not growing, I haven't checked Paypal lately. I did so last night on a "whim" (encouraged by God I am sure!) and a friend had put a donation in a couple of days ago!! Our home study update is paid for by these 2 donations! Praise God!!!!!

God surprised me with a reminder to have faith that He is in this adoption and will provide for us and our son. It is so easy to put our focus on things of this world or allow ourselves to be consumed by doing everything on our own. Just like that toddler who wants independence to "do myself", we also can fall "victim" to being independent in following our own will/plans. I am glad God wants me as His child enough to use those gentle reminders, calling me back to Him, giving me the reassurance that He will take care of me. I need only to surrender it all to Him!

Where are you in surrendering it all to God? Let me know, I'd love to hear from you!



Thank you to those who feel lead to help make one less orphan in the world!

M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!!! That's wonderful. Keep the faith.
Love,
Mar