Monday, April 6, 2009

Nesting and diet coke

It has been way too long! You would think we had just decided to adopt! Not like we had umpteen months where we could have been preparing!

We are set with airfare and hotel. Yipee!

Just in case we didn't have enough going on like preparing to be gone for 15 days, leave our kids with grandparents for 15 days, leave school to do, we decided to add in refinancing the house and spring cleaning/gutting every room of the house.

I also decided last week Tues or Wed, I should give up my beloved diet coke. And when I say beloved, I mean BELOVED. I have had a serious love affair with diet coke for a very long time. I am thrilled with some results of giving it up but I must admit I did not have any clue how crabby it was going to make me! What bad timing. What was I thinking!!!

All in all, I should have no problem sleeping on the plane as I am up early in the am and up late at night. With no caffeine in between! I have many things I would like to have done/ready for when we get home. Papa is going to be home for 2 more weeks after we get back from Thailand and we really want to enjoy being together as a new family of five!


7 days and counting!

2 comments:

Ellie said...

Wow!! Sounds like you're incredibly busy!!! Seriously, you are nesting!! Those are the kinds of things I was doing the day my daughter was born (sweeping out the garage, etc...)! You'll be in Thailand in no time! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! So happy for you.

Kelly said...

If I give up caffeine I think I will explode - pack lots of tylenol.... Sounds like serious nesting going on.