Monday, April 13, 2009

Travel delay

We have made the decision to put off our travel for tomorrow. We hoped to delay for a few days and travel on Friday or Saturday this week to still make our scheduled meeting on the 22nd. We felt that would allow for some of the unrest to subside and move to safer travel. However, the cost of changing our one ticket (non-adoption fare) was $1800, double the original cost of our ticket!! Not really workable, unfortunately.

We had to put emotion out of the equation and that was not easy to do. Papa and I both appreciated our agency's Asian countries director taking time to talk with us today. At the end, I very much appreciated her comments telling us we needed to not second guess ourselves after we made the decision. She said we needed to know either decision was wise. It is difficult not to second guess and it was VERY difficult to call our travel agent and cancel our flights.

We do know we will bring our son home. It is very disappointing to be waiting again. It is frustrating our expenses are rising and that it is even an issue.

I am thankful we were able to make a decision we both feel as comfortable as is possible in this situation. Prayers offered on our behalf gave us the direction and answers we were seeking. Thank you for taking our needs to our Lord and if you are so inclined, please continue to pray for peace in Thailand and a quick invite to the next meeting for us.

God will bring our son home! We will be victorious!!

Blessings to you all in this joyous Easter season~

4 comments:

Ellie said...

Megan,
I'm so sorry to hear of your dilemma. What a tough spot for you to be in! I'm praying for you. It sounds like things are beginning to quiet down now. I am praying that you are able to make the meeting on the 22nd.
Love,
ellie

monica said...

megan, i've been thinking of you. hoping that the broohaha in bangkok wouldn't effect your travel. i hope you are able to rebook quickly. things should settle fast now that the protesters are headed home...

i also thought of you this past weekend at the easter egg hunt. three of the kids there are soon to go to their families. twin boys to new zealand and one little boy to minnesota. he's never even worn socks!!

praying for you.

Kam said...

Megan, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine your sorrow and frustration. I will pray for your comfort and peace. I emailed our missionary friends in Thailand last night...such a hard thing. Praying for an end to these protests. But trusting God and His plan.

Hugs~

Mama Misty said...

Bummer!

I do hope things turn around soon, and that the airfare will decrease to a "reasonable" rate for you guys! That's the last thing you need, right??
Praying~
Misty